Re: DMA map buffer allocated in ahash_request_ctx

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Harsh Jain <harshjain.prof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Herbert,
>
> Can we use buffer defined in ahash request context(private space for
> each request) to DMA map it to H/W.?

Not Herbert but... the ccree driver is doing just and Herbert
specifically indicated ahash request contexts are not allowed to be
allocated from stack (I asked) so it should be OK.

Note that you will need to map and unmap at every Crypto API invocation.
You can't map on init because you are not guaranteed to have a final()
or export()

Hope it helps,
Gilad
--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker

"If you take a class in large-scale robotics, can you end up in a
situation where the homework eats your dog?"
 -- Jean-Baptiste Queru