Re: [RFC] AF_ALG AIO and IV

Am Freitag, 12. Januar 2018, 14:21:15 CET schrieb Stephan Mueller:

Hi,

> 1. Require that the cipher implementations serialize any AIO requests that
> have dependencies. I.e. for CBC, requests need to be serialized by the
> driver. For, say, ECB or XTS no serialization is necessary.
>
> 2. Change AF_ALG to require a per-request IV. This could be implemented by
> moving the IV submission via CMSG from sendmsg to recvmsg. I.e. the recvmsg
> code path would obtain the IV.

With the released patch, I found a third way that seems to be much less
intrusive: adding inline IV handling where the IV is sent as part of the data
to be processed.

In the libkcapi source code tree, I added a branch [1] that contains support
for the inline IV handling. It also has received numerous tests [2] verifying
that the inline IV kernel patch works.

[1] https://github.com/smuellerDD/libkcapi/tree/iiv
[2] https://github.com/smuellerDD/libkcapi/commit/
f56991ff2f975caf1aa6cb75f2b6fc104cc72f9c

Ciao
Stephan