Re: Getting the ccree driver out of staging

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 08:54:55AM +0200, Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> With the enormous help of people in the to and CCed lists I've gotten
>> the ccree driver to a point I believe it is ready to graduate out of
>> the staging tree:
>>
>> - The code base has been reduced by something by 30% and is *much*
>> more  readable and manageable.
>> - The very few checkpatch warnings are all false positives (one due to
>> dt bindings going through the crypto tree, the others due to harmless
>> macro argument reuse)
>> and the few sparse output are equally benign.
>> - The driver follows the crypto API expected behavior as much as I can tell.
>> - Fixed all the bugs I could fine as a result of tcrypt tests.
>> - It works :-)
>>
>> There are obviously more things todo, but I believe they are out of
>> scope for staging.
>>
>> So, if you see something that still needs work, kindly let me know.
>> Alternatively, will you accept a patch moving it to drivers/crypto/?
>
> It might make more sense to just send a "new" patch adding the driver to
> drivers/crypto/ and if that is accepted, we can drop it from staging.
> That way it's easier for the crypto developers to review it.
>
> But it's up to them, whatever they want is fine with me.

Thanks, Greg.

Herbert, it's up to you - shall I send a new patch set or do you want to just
move what's in the staging tree?

Thanks,
Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker

"If you take a class in large-scale robotics, can you end up in a
situation where the homework eats your dog?"
 -- Jean-Baptiste Queru