Re: Question about ahash export and import

On 27.09.2017 11:08, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 01:09:05PM +0200, Kamil Konieczny wrote:
>>
>> Can import() be called without _any_ init(), for example
>> after reboot of machine ? Is following scenario valid:
>
> Of course it can.  import must restore the state of the request
> to that at the time when export was called.
>
> import does not need to be called after init.  init simply resets
> the hash state for new update/final calls.
> [...]

I have more questions, this time about HMAC export/import.
In doc, there is stated that key can be copied into context transformation.

Should .export copy request context _and_ key used ? Or not ?

When processing requests, can I assume the key in transformation is const until .final ?

Is is possible to have okey derived from different key then ikey ? I think not.

--
Best regards,
Kamil Konieczny