Re: x509 parsing bug + fuzzing crypto in the userspace

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Stephan Mueller <smueller@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 21. November 2017, 21:46:28 CET schrieb Eric Biggers:
>
> Hi Eric,
>

>> (There is probably more to improve for AF_ALG besides the algorithm names;
>> this is just what I happened to notice for now.)
>
> Just grepping may not cover all possibilities. Attached is a script that I use
> to invoke an array different tests for different cipher implementations. For
> now, it only covers C, ASM and CPU-based cipher implementations.

Hi Stephan,

I see it has lots of names hardcoded. Is it possible to extract
up-to-date list from kernel? Maybe at runtime from running kernel?

What's the max number of arguments for a template? I see there is at least 2:
  rfc4106(gcm_base(ctr(aes-aesni),ghash-clmulni))
can there be more?

Do you know answer to this question by any chance?
what's the relation between alg names and type ("aead", "hash", "rng",
"skcipher")? I remember I already looked at it before and could not
figure it out. Are all algorithms and templates partitioned between
types? Or they are orthogonal?

Thanks