Re: md5sum (from libkcapi) fails as splice() returns -ENOKEY

Hi Stephan,

Le 12/09/2017 à 09:20, Stephan Mueller a écrit :
Am Dienstag, 12. September 2017, 09:01:08 CEST schrieb Christophe LEROY:

Hi Christophe,

Hi Stephan

Le 11/09/2017 à 21:17, Stephan Müller a écrit :
Am Montag, 11. September 2017, 19:07:31 CEST schrieb christophe leroy:

Hi christophe,

Hello Stephan,

I'm trying to use md5sum from the latest libkcapi 0.14 and I getting a
failure with return code -5.

What am I missing ? See strace below, splice() return -ENOKEY.

The ENOKEY error is due to an accept() at the wrong location. But I do not
see
that error:
I did the test once more without the Talitos Crypto driver compiled in
the kernel, and this time it works.
I believe it must then be an issue with that driver.
What could be the issue, what should I look for in the driver ?

I think I see the error in talitos.c -- yet I do not have that hardware so I
cannot create a patch and test.

In talitos_alg_alloc the function pointer setkey is set unconditional for
CRYPTO_ALG_TYPE_AHASH. This is correct for HMAC/CMAC, but not correct for
staight hashes. As both, md5 and hmac(md5) (and also for the SHA equivalents)
are marked as CRYPTO_ALG_TYPE_AHASH in driver_algs, they all will get a setkey
function.

This will trigger the following code in algif_hash:

static int hash_accept_parent(void *private, struct sock *sk)
{
         struct algif_hash_tfm *tfm = private;

         if (!tfm->has_key && crypto_ahash_has_setkey(tfm->hash))
                 return -ENOKEY;

If the setkey would not be present for the straight hashes, ENOKEY would not
be returned.

Thanks.
I modified it and it now works (allthough it doesn't provide the correct MD5sum ... have to findout why)
I submitted a patch for it.

Christophe

# autoreconf --version
autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.63

Thanks for the bug report. But I think the autoconf tools are not up to date.
It should be 2.69.

Could you please check whether you can update?

I am thinking now to add AC_PREREQ([2.60]) to configure.ac.

Ciao
Stephan