Re: [RFC] how to handle AAD copy operation for algif_aead

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 02:24:47PM +0100, Stephan Müller wrote:
> Hi Herbert et al,
>
> attached are two patches where each patch has a different approach to copy the
> AAD in the algif_aead operation. I would like to hear your opinion which
> approach should be taken.
>
> The patch 0001-crypto-algif_aead-copy-AAD-from-src-to-dst_separate.patch
> simply copies the AAD over from TX SGL to RX SGL. The pro is that the patch is
> small. The con is that this approach does *not* provide an in-place crypto
> operation.

I prefer this patch with the proviso that it copy the whole thing
instead of just the AD.  That way you can just feed the dst memory
to crypto_aead for in-place operation.  Of course you have to mangle
the tag data onto the dst SG list for decryption but it shouldn't
be too hard.

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>