Who will copy the AAD data to dest. buffer

Hi Herbert,

Is copy of AAD data to destination buffer when dst != src is mandatory
requirements for crypto drivers or we can skip this copy. Actually I
am bit confused, In following link Stephen had mentioned caller will
memcpy the AAD to destination buffer but authenc.c also copies the AAD
to dest. buffer.

http://www.chronox.de/libkcapi/html/ch02s02.html

Secondly When AAD data remains unchanged in AEAD encryption/decryption
operations. Why we copy the same data to destination buffer?

Thanks & Regards
Harsh Jain