Decrypting data in RX path

Hi,

I am able to encrypt data using the asynchronous kernel crypto API's.
I can observe the encrypted data on the protocol analyzer.

I wanted to decry-pt the data now on the receiver side, So I have
following questions.

1. What is the best place to decrypt the data, in kernel space (module
(pre-routing hook) or driver) OR user space using (maybe using raw
sockets or after socket recv).

What precautions should be taken in terms of locking while using
crypto api's in kernel space in RX path (Softirq context) --> Can
someone point to existing sample in kernel where decryption is done in
RX path.

2. If I encrypt data in kernel space can I decrypt it in User-space
using same encryption methods and Keys.

Thanks.