3.14.61 breaks dm disk drive encryption?

Hey all,

I just upgraded from 3.14.60 to 3.14.61, and when I try to mount my
luks-encrypted disk drives, I get an error saying the mapping couldn't be
created and to check whether aes-xts-plain64 is compiled into the kernel;
it is:

[preed@underworld linux-3.14.61]$ grep CRYPTO_AES .config
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_X86_64=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_NI_INTEL=y

This all works fine with 3.14.60 (and previous 3.14-versions), and I
compiled .61 by copying the .config over and "make oldconfig"'ing, so I'd
expect this to work.

I looked around for other config options I need to turn on but nothing
popped out at me. Looking through the changelog for 3.14.61, perhaps this
is related to the fix for 7e6978fb73 ?

I can provide more exact error messaging if it'd help, but I'd expect a
"make oldconfig" to carry over all the options correctly, as it's done for
the rest of the 3.14 kernels.

Any ideas?

thanks,
preed