Re: Hardware Crypto Driver

Orlando <orlcp440@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, I am new to the crypto framework in linux kernel and mailing
> list in general. I am porting a driver omap-aes.c to my platform and
> having problems with IV being modified against my will. I am doing
> AES-128-CTR and I need the IV to increment by 1 every 16 bytes.
> Instead some garbage IV is being returned to me after I do an encrypt
> operation.
>
> I have no idea how the IV is being manipulated since the omap-aes.c
> driver accepts and write the IV to the Hardware that comes from upper
> layers but it never writes it back to the upper layers after doing
> encryption.

The omap-aes is probably buggy in this regard.  The crypto selftest
system isn't currently testing this so a number of buggy drivers
have slipped through.

If you can send us a patch to fix this it would be great.  Otherwise
I will be working through the drivers during the skcipher conversion.

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>