Re: Crypto driver -DCP

On 05/28/2015 08:32 PM, Herbert Xu wrote:
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 03:29:59AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 03:23:59 AM, Herbert Xu wrote:
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 03:00:35AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
My understanding (!) is that everyone should be able to use this key to
encrypt/decrypt their data using the AES128 engine in the DCP.
If that's the case just make it the key you use if setkey has never
been called.
Shouldn't you always call setkey when using symetric crypto ?
Normally yes but we don't require it so in this case it should
be fine.

Cheers,

Okay, that seems obvious after you suggested it.

I have another question. The DCP (and other crypto accelerators on other SOCs) supports key slots - basically write only RAM that's used to store keys so they can be used for encrypt/decrypt operations. DCP supports 4 key slots, other devices have different numbers. Do you have any suggestion for how to add support for something like that to the driver?

Thanks.