Re: [QUESTION] How is the backlog supposed to be used?

Steffen Trumtrar <s.trumtrar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Everything works fine if I do not complete the request from the
> backlog, but instead complete the request when it is due.
> Alternative: make the queue deeper like some drivers have it.
> If the queue is deeper than I have threads, it works, because
> the requests never get onto the backlog.
> So, how is the queue intended to be used? What is a correct max_depth?

The queue depth is up to the driver to determine.

> Do I need to complete the requests from the backlog or not?

Completing the backlog with EINPROGRESS is meant to indicate
to the caller of the crypto API that we're now open to more
requests.

What crypto API user were you using to test this?

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>