[RFC] Freescale DCP crypto acceleration

Hi!

I am working on a driver for the data co processor of freescale's
imx28 (should also work on mx23 and mx5).  I noticed that Christoph
sent a patch for this device some days ago to the crypto mailing
list. As far as I see this is basically the Freescale-SDK driver with
some modifications for mainline. This was also my first
approach. Since this driver has some problems (duplicated code, mutex in
atomic context) I decided to get the reference manual and write the
driver from scratch. To prevent double work (in case Christoph or
someone else does the same thing), I want to share my work here now.

This is my first real kernel driver so it would be nice if someone
could take some time to find the noob-mistakes and send me feedback.

Things I'm working on:
- get rid of the global device
- at the moment the number of entries of the in/out scatterlist is
  limited to 20. I am working on a ringbuffer where the CPU fills the
  co-processors buffer while it iterates through the pages.
- overall performance
- ATM each scatterlist entry of the request has to be aligned to
  AES_BLOCK_SIZE.  Since I was not able to find a documentation, I
  want to ask if my idea is the right approach to solve this problem:
  use a ablkcipher walk ,iterate through this walk and do
  dma_map_single for each buffer instead of the whole scatterlist.

regards,
Tobias