Re: Kernel OOPS with Freescale talitos driver on ppc

Hi Kim,

Kim Phillips <kim.phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> fwiw, I just booted a vanilla 3.1-rc6 kernel on a p1020 with your
> config and CONFIG_CRYPTO_MANAGER_DISABLE_TESTS not set, and the
> selftests passed.  IPSec isn't enabled in your config.  Are you
> implementing a new algorithm?  If not, how to reproduce?

It turned out that the reason for this problem was actually a missing
crypto_aead_setauthsize() call. Setting authsize to 20 bytes
(i'm using aead with AES/SHA1) made things work.

However, we should add your patch to the talitos driver, as responding
to such an error with a Kernel OOPS isn't very polite :)

Thanks,

Sven.