loop-aes encrypted root on Fedora 15 using systemd

I am trying to set up a Fedora 15 system (kernel 2.6.39) on which the
root filesystem is encrypted with loop-aes (v3.6c).

Can someone suggest the best location to place the initial losetup
commands? This new version uses the systemd boot stuff and
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit (where I placed the losetup commands before) no
longer exists. I was partially successful placing them in
/lib/systemd/fedora-readonly, meaning losetup successfully sets up the
loop device, but attempts to actually mount a file system on this loop
fail and the boot process terminates. I think I may be placing the
losetup too late in the sequence and the system is attempting to mount
on the loop before it is actually set up, but that's just a guess at
this point.

Any suggestions on how I might proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

FG