shash_alg size fields and stomping memory

In struct shash_alg what are the various sizes for? (WOuld be cool to know what everything is for in those alg structures...)

My most recent discovery is that if I want to do an shash_desc_ctx() and use the result, cra_ctxsize doesn't seem to mean a thing. Rather, unless I set descsize, memory will be stomped.

And, while I am at it, what is "cra"?

-kb, the Kent who would love to RTFM but there doesn't seem to be an FM.