crypto_alg and alignment

Hello Herbert,

I'm trying to implement a driver for one hardware crypto engine, and
on the current stage I work with AES algorithm, and I have a couple of
open questions.

1) What shall be guaranteed from crypto engine by providing
   cra_blocksize and cra_alignmask values in crypto_alg definition? If
   they are provided, can I rely that in ablkcipher request I get
   aligned source and destination, and size of each chunk in sglist is
   aligned to cra_blocksize?

2) I've taken a look at
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg04903.html
   and I wonder, is someone working with SOCK_STREAM protocol
   realization for AF_ALG? And is there some planned activities about
   implementing setsockopt support for ALG_SET_IV, ALG_SET_OP etc. in
   algif_skcipher?

Thank you in advance.

With best wishes,
Vladimir