Re: RFC: kcrypto - (yet another) user space interface

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> * Phil Sutter | 2010-06-10 20:22:29 [+0200]:
>
>> Hello everyone,
> Hi Phil,
>
> please take look at [0] and [1]. From README I can tell that those two
> posts are different from you have so far.
> You might want to take a look at AF_PACKET interface. It does zero copy
> via a ring buffer interface of pre-mmaped user memory. So no
> get_user_pages() then :)
>
> I think that is the way to go.

The problem with right or wrong is that they are only known afterwards.
For me the right way to go is _to go_. I can see discussions in this
least, years ago on talks about the "perfect" userspace crypto api and
rejections implementations because they are not perfect enough. I don't
believe there is such thing as a perfect crypto api. Other operating
systems have a userspace crypto API (maybe not perfect) but linux
hasn't. I don't think this is the way to go.

regards,
Nikos