Re: cryptodev support

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 13:50 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>  I needed to access crypto hardware modules from userspace and I made
> that by adding cryptodev support on top of linux-crypto. It is a
> separate module available at:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/cryptodev-linux.git

I'm also interested in the userspace module (we are working on a patch
for opencryptoki), but this version looks quite different from the ideas
"recently" discussed in this mailing list and, probably even more
important, from the idea for future development (i.e. moving to a
socket-like interface).

Couldn't be useful to start discussing (read: receive directives) and
officially introduce cryptodev in linux-crypto, instead of losing so
many energies?

Best,
--
Emanuele Cesena <emanuele.cesena@xxxxxxxxx>