Re: How to use Linux Crypto API when we already registered with Hardware Crypto API

Bhaskara Peela <bhaskara.peela@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using 2.6.30 kernel.  I have registered some IPSec crypto/auth algorithms(ex: 3DES/MD5) supported by hardware with linux.  I want to verify the hardware crypto/authentication output with that of linux Crypto API.  To do this, I want to send same kind of IPSec packet to hardware crypto engine and linux Crypto API and compare the output.
>
> I know, I can do this, by building two images one with hardware acceleration and one without it.   But, I want to do this run time so that it can be fast and i can use single image.  Can you suggest a way to do this in esp4.c ?

If you build your driver as a module, then you can easily switch
between it and the software implementation by loading/unloading
the module.

Of course, for verification purposes you don't even need to do
this as the self-test mechanism kicks in as soon as you register
your driver.

So just check /proc/crypto or dmesg after your driver is loaded.

Cheers,