Padlock with VIA Nano still crashing

Hi,

I've tried to setup a fileserver with a Via Nano board (Jetway NF77-N1G6) to use it's Padlock encryption engine. All works fine with the software encryption, but when I try to use the Padlock driver I get sporadic crashes while reading and writing on my encrypted device.

I can't provide the crashdump right now, because the machine itself is not useable after the crash anymore. Whatever I try to do after the kernel panic just results in another panic.

But I've compared the message with the sourcecode and it seems to point to the "repz xcrypt-ecb" command used by aes_encrypt.

I've tried the latest cryptodev-2.6 and linux-2.6 (2.6.31-rc4) same problem with both versions. (Which include fixes for the Via Nano)

Does anybody have an idea how I could get the crashdump so I can send it to the list? If there is no other way I'll write it down next time.

Regards,
Nico