Re: [RFC] how to auto-load via-rng ?

* Harald Welte | 2009-05-10 14:33:37 [+0800]:

>Maybe it is too early during kernel startup to create a platform_device?
possible. without a trace and the hw atm I can't tell.

>Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem? Is there a better method
>than a platform device?
I don't thing platform device is all that bad. Try to put your code in
module_init() so it gets called at a later point in time.

Another way to go would be to add an alias to the rnd module and probe
for it once the first user needs it. The benefit of this is, that there
is no need to add a platform here and others (s390 has the same
problem).

>Regards,

Sebastian