Re: talitos_probe hangs

On Mon, 4 May 2009 23:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
Ravula Kishor <kishor_ravula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using ltib-20080811 (2.6.25 kernel) . I am porting it to custom board based on mcf5474. I observed that talitos_probe hangs during the kernel initialization.
>
> Is it a known issue.

so the the mcf5474 utilizes SEC h/w version 1.1 (or a variant thereof),
with which the talitos driver is currently incompatible. Even if
you've managed to fake the device tree node properties, the driver has
the master reset bit in a different position than the one on the
mcf547x, so it doesn't even know how to reset the device properly.

you might try entering a ticket with the freescale coldfire support
web - who knows, they might be willing to assist you in porting the
driver to handle sec h/w versions < 2.0.  AFAIK, various registers,
various bits within registers, and the descriptor submission method
differ in the h/w, and the driver needs to double as a platform
driver for coldfire arch.

Kim