Re: alg: cipher: Test 1 failed on encryption for aes-asm

* Herbert Xu | 2008-12-24 15:48:51 [+1100]:

>On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 09:43:41AM +0800, Huang Ying wrote:
>>
>> I think that is not easy. Not all architecture follow the same directory
>> structure arch/<x>/crypto. And arch/x86/crypto is used by user mode
>> linux too.
>
>Right, relying on link order is hazardous.
You don't have to trick with Makefiles. You could use subsys_initcall()
in cryptomgr & algapi and for instance rootfs_initcall() for the generic
aes to ensure that it comes before the asm version but after the
subsystem. _Or_ you could use late_initcall() in the asm version. After
a second look I thing the late initcall variant looks better.

>However, since the table isn't that large we might as well compute
>it once and for all, like this:
>
>crypto: aes - Precompute tables
That patch is "big" but should not break anything. I still prefer to fix
it the other way via the init call order: it is smaller patch and would
be a nice example for further modules which might rely on each other
like aes does.

No matter what you pick as your final solution, should I send a
's/module_init/subsys_initcall/' patch for cryptomgr & algapi?

Sebastian