Re: IPsec books and how to add async hardware encryption ?

Hi Dean.

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 10:50:59AM +0000, Dean Jenkins (djenkins@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > cryptd is an software engine example of how hardware driver could be
> > implemented.
>
> Are you saying that to implement an async hardware driver I could use the APIs
> used by cryptd and create my own hwcryptd ?

Yes for the APIs used in cryptd, but usually hardware driver does not
need to have any threads attached, since completion of the event is
handled in the interrupt handler.

> If yes, is there any documentation for the APIs used by cryptd ?

No, there is no documentation except source code.
In some files you can even find this comments:

         * HEAVY TODO: needs to kick Herbert XU to write documentation.

Herbert is a crypto maintainer who created async crypto interfaces you
found in cryptd. You can also check hardware crypto drivers in
drivers/crypto/ directory.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov