Re: hifn_795x and geode-aes module

Hi.

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 06:22:35PM +0100, Andreas Gerlich (linux-crypto@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> When I use the software modules (aes_i586, aes_generic) all works.
>
> The hifn_795x module without geode-aes module works NOT!
> It seems when both modules hifn_795x and goede-aes are loaded only
> the geode-aes is used (only with keysize 128).

Apparently hifn does not work correctly in your case which requires a
little bit of debugging we have discussed in private. When both modules
are loaded, only one with higher prio is used (until you specify exactly
needed module), geode-aes for specified chain mode (cbc, ecb and so on)
is higher for geode aes (400 vs 300 for hifn), so it is used.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov