Re: Enabling Talitos kills all IPsec traffic

> Selecting talitos also selects CRYPTO_AUTHENC.  Can you try sending
> traffic with CRYPTO_DEV_TALITOS unset and CRYPTO_AUTHENC set if you
> haven't already?

Certainly.  I compiled a kernel with CRYPTO_AUTHENC set and
CRYPTO_DEV_TALITOS unset.  This kernel works fine.  Both
encrypted and unencrypted traffic flow properly.

> If Strongswan works with authenc and s/w crypto (talitos unset), and
> the SEC is firing interrupts (grep talitos /proc/interrupts), can you
> try with the latest cryptodev-2.6 git tree?  There's an error reporting
> fix for talitos there that may manifest any h/w the error may be
> reporting, depending on the level of traffic.
Strongswan works with authenc enabled and talitos unset.  I don't
know about the SEC iterrupt because talitos isn't mentioned in /proc/interrupts
(probably due to CRYPTO_DEV_TALITOS not being set).

I am cloning cryptodev-2.6 right now and will report on what it does.

> Otherwise, if you still want to use Strongswan, you can keep talitos
> entropy support by commenting out the crypto algorithm registration
> section of talitos_probe().
Yea.  Now that I know I can get hw accel of aes-cbc, I would really like
to get talitos working happily.

Thanks,

Barry