Re: hifn_795x in Linux-2.6.27-rc7

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 06:53:08AM +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:

> Maybe, we need to check, since allocation of multiple smaller pages from
> 4 gb area, copy data between them, hardware crypto, backward copy and
> page freeing can be slower than software crypto. Although we can
> preallocate buffers for several common sizes, although this will not
> help dm-crypto which can submit up to 31 pages in single request on top
> of ext3 in the common case.

IPsec is going to be lowmem most of the time.  So you could
allocate a software backup similar to what padlock-sha does
and use that within hifn if you get a highmem request.

Of course not registering it works for me too.  I don't think
we need to lose too much sleep over people who can afford this
much memory but still insists on 32-bit.  They can afford to
hire a kernel engineer to fix this :)

Cheers,