Re: Regarding integration with cryptodev

Hi.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 09:00:12AM +0530, Manish RATHI (manish.rathi@xxxxxx) wrote:
> Is there any effort done to make linux crypto api to work with cryptodev?

No.

> How can I use kernel space linux crypto with user space libraries?

You can not.

> Does Linux crypto framework provide async APIs like OCF? What are the pros and cons of Linux crypto in comparison to OCF?

Cryptoapi does much more than OCF has.

> Has anybody tested openswan KLIPS patch with 2.6.24 kernel so that ipsec use OCF?

Unlikely...

There is a work to implement userspace interface for cryptoapi, which
will use all its features, be asynchronous (there is a patch to
implement aio_read/aio_write with crypto file descriptors), although
work is in early development, it promises interesting capabilities.

Check work from Shasi Pulijala <spulijala@xxxxxxxx> and
Loc Ho <lho@xxxxxxxx>

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov