Re: [patch 0/2] remove setkey function in VIA's padlock

Sebastian Siewior wrote:
Hello Michal,

you wrote the padlock-aes driver so you probably have the hardware for
testing :) The setkey function in the driver's code looks like it
expands the key the same way like the new crypto_aes_set_key() I've
posted earlier [1], [2]. Could you please test this patch and see if it is
working correct?

I'll test and get back to you.

I have one question regarding the size of the expanded key: You reserve
64 * 4 bytes for each key but it seems that you use only 60 * 4 bytes.
Are the other bytes used by the hardware or did you allocate it by
accident?

The hardware needs it. From the VIA Padlock Programming Guide:

| For the application-loaded keys option, the hardware always
| loads sixteen 128-bit values from memory regardless of the
| specified key size. Any values beyond the normal extended key
| size are ignored and have no effect on the results, but that
| memory area must be accessible (within the segment limit, etc.)

Michal
--
* http://www.logix.cz/michal

-