Re: [1/1] HIFN 795x driver.

Jivin Evgeniy Polyakov lays it down ...
> >   ACRYPTO_TYPE_AES_??? depending on ctx->current_key_len. Good.
> > - You need a software queue in case your HW queue is full and you receive
> >   a requests which you may not drop. Currently you don't consider
> >   CRYPTO_TFM_REQ_MAY_BACKLOG (it is fine if you can process all requests
> >   no mater what).
>
> That is what I do not like, but will implement.

I have to agree, you cannot queue crypto forever (no drops),  it's too
slow.

There is a similar queue in OCF and unless you put a limit on it's size
you can easily run you system out of memory.  The Q needs a configurable
limit of some kind.  Flood ping an ipsec tunnel and the crypto is where
all the data will bank up.

If I understand what you are asking Evgeniy to do,  you will be
putting the logic for managing the Q into every driver.  Sounds like
something that needs to move up a level ?

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  david_mccullough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,   Ph:+61 734352815