status of async crypto

Hi all

Until recently I was using kernel 2.6.12 with the OCF package in order
get async encryption with HW engine for OpenSWAN, dm-crypt and OpenSSL.

Lately I have decided its time to move on to the latest kernel, and I
found
that there is a new async crypto support in the kernel :)

Now I have to decide whether to use the OCF or the native async crypto.
I have some questions and I would really appreciate if you can help
here:

I saw that the current code support async crypto for the dm-crypt, does
it
also support async crypto for the klips?
Is there any support for using the async crypto from the OpenSSL engine
library?
I saw that the async crypto support block cipher, does it also support
digest operations?
Can it support encryption + authentication (lets say AES-SHA1) as one
operation?
Is there any Documentation available? (I guess not)
What is the todo list for further development of the async crypto
support?

Thanks for your advice
Ronen Shitrit
-