Re: Testing the geode-aes driver with the tcrypt module completely freezes the machine

On 03/05/07 23:49 +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hm, driver does not perform encryption in-place at all.
> > Since we did not hear from AMD quite for a while, could you please
> > remove src==dst check in geode_aes_crypt() and run tests again.
> > If it is software protection against hardware bug, I doubt such hardware
> > should be used at all...
>
> I agree.  Jordan, could you please see if this can be fixed up?

On older versions of the chip, in-place encryption was not possible, even
though there was no hardware protection against it.  I can't remember
if the newer chip version can handle in place encryption or not.

I missed out on the context of this thread - does the tcrypt demand
in-place encryption?

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse