RE: Testing the geode-aes driver with the tcrypt module completely freezes the machine

On Thursday, May 03, 2007 00:58:45 -0700 , Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:

> Hi Martin.

Hi Evgeniy

>> Sorry for my late answer, but I didn't get your message because I haven't
>> subscribed to the mailing-list.
>> I've "found" it yesterday on the mailing-list archive. So please, could
you
>> reply directly to me and to the mailing-list on any further messages?
>
> I did, but your mail server bounced message.
> This message is also sent to you directly, hope it will pass through.
> Btw, AMD list bounces too.

It didn't, but I talked to our mail server admin and now your mails should
reach me. :-)

After adding the debug outputs from your last patch, none of them was
displayed.
So I started adding some more outputs and doing a "line-by-line" debugging
and found out this (so far):

The freeze is the result of an invinite while-loop in the function
geode_ecb_encrypt()
(and maybe also in the geode_ecb_decrypt()).

The cause for this seems to be, that the op->src == op->dst whereby the
geode_aes_crypt() function does nothing at all,
and so the value of nbytes will never be changed.

Regards,
Martin

Martin Schiller
Dipl.-Inf. FH
Entwicklung / Development

T.D.T. Transfer Data Test GmbH
Siemensstrasse 18
Gewerbegebiet Altheim
84051 Essenbach
Germany

mschiller@xxxxxx
www.tdt.de

tel: +49 8703 929 00
fax: +49 8703 929 201

Geschäftsführer: Elisabeth Pickhardt &  Michael Pickhardt
Registergericht Landshut, HRB: 1193

-