Re: [ACRYPTO] New asynchronous crypto layer (acrypto) release.

For the best synergy with OpenBSD guys, the OCF API should be considered:
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix03/tech/full_papers/keromytis/keromytis_html/node8.html

then, whatever a HW driver is added, the same IOCTLs will be used by OpenSSL. The OCF patch for OpenSSL is already available.

Currently, it is not into the kernel git's repository so I think that your Via CPU won't get better performances with OpenSSL

Regards,
  Vincent

Samuel Tardieu wrote:

Evgeniy> Hello.  I'm pleased to announce asynchronous crypto layer
Evgeniy> (acrypto) [1] release for 2.6.18 kernel tree. Acrypto allows
Evgeniy> to handle crypto requests asynchronously in hardware.

Would userspace programs benefit from this patch? In particular, would
OpenSSL get better performances on Via nehemiah CPUs or does it need
to be patched?

 Sam

-