Re: [RFC] crypto: Add support for the Geode AES engine

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 01:31:47PM -0600, Jordan Crouse (jordan.crouse@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> I've had a poor excuse for a crypto driver for the Geode LX AES hardware
> sitting in my Geode GIT tree (and -mm) for some time now.  I sent out the
> original version some time ago (June) and I got some very smart
> recommendations for changes, but other events transpired, and I didn't do
> a very good job of following up.
>
> So now, in the interest of getting this out of everybody's hair and on
> the path to mainstreaming, I'm sending out a newly updated version of the
> driver for comments.  This should be fully updated for all the new API
> changes in the crypto GIT tree.  Once this is acceptable, I would like to get
> this pulled into the crypto tree.

As far as I can see, register access is not protected, how can your
driver handle the case when dm-crypt and IPsec simultaneously try to
encrypt/decrypt some data, it can happen even around
preemt_disable/enable calls and actually crypto processing can happen
in interrupt context too (although it is not the best thing to do).

You added timeout for the broken hardware condition, I think it is
better to return some error from _crypt() in that case, and, btw, that
name is not very good choice.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov
-