Fuse in userns

Hello Eric,

I'd like to ask you what it would take to have proper support of Fuse
inside usernamespaces. I've looked through the code of fuse and I can
see some things are specifically coded to prevent creating a mount
inside userns. E.g. hard-coded usage of init_user_ns or the check
inside fuse_fill_super to make sure the fd is obtained from the
init_user_ns. I have also read your argument here:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/12/591

So I'm interested in knowing the following:
 * Are you still actively working on making fuse mountable in non-root
userns, if not is the partial patch available somewhere? I might be
able to do some work on that and hopefully make it upstreamable.

* If the code is not available can you explain what are the main
hurdles in getting this to work? In my experiments I;ve hacked fuse
and I'm able to mount glusterfs inside an LXC container but I suspect
I might have broken some subtle security aspect :)

Regards,
Nikolay