Re: User namespace feature freeze lifted

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 01:05:38PM -0500, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Quoting Eric W. Biederman (ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx):
> >>
> >> As of v4.3-rc1 all of the security issues I am aware of with the user
> >> namespace have been addressed.  If someone knows of something I have
> >> overlooked please let me know.
> >>
> >> As much as humanly possible I want to avoid security bugs in the future
> >> so I will endeavour to ensure any future user namespace patches receive
> >> a close review.
> >>
> >> As for merging features I expect I will likley start with Seth's code
> >> for associating superblock with user namespaces, and then move on to
> >> Lukasz's code for figuring out how to add namespace for smack.
> >
> > Should there be a User Namespace maintainer?
>
> Do you mean documented in maintainers?

Yup, to make sure people know to contact you about patches that affect
it.

Maybe it's not needed as you're pretty on top of any changes that affect
userns.  And while we could document kernel/user{,_namespace}.c as affecting
it, I don't know how we would describe changes outside of those files that
would relate to it.

So nm :)