Re: Protection against container fork bombs [WAS: Re: memcg with kmem limit doesn't recover after disk i/o causes limit to be hit]

On 04/22/2014 11:05 PM, Richard Davies wrote:
Dwight Engen wrote:
Richard Davies wrote:
Vladimir Davydov wrote:
In short, kmem limiting for memory cgroups is currently broken. Do
not use it. We are working on making it usable though.
What is the best mechanism available today, until kmem limits mature?

RLIMIT_NPROC exists but is per-user, not per-container.

Perhaps there is an up-to-date task counter patchset or similar?

I updated Frederic's task counter patches and included Max Kellermann's
fork limiter here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.containers/27212

I can send you a more recent patchset (against 3.13.10) if you would
find it useful.

Yes please, I would be interested in that. Ideally even against 3.14.1 if
you have that too.

Dwight, do you have these patches in any public repo?

I would like to test them also.

Marian

Thanks,

Richard.