Re: a work for lxc monitor network interface

On 2014/1/7 0:55, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Libo Chen (clbchenlibo.chen@xxxxxxxxxx):
>> On 2013/12/19 4:16, Serge Hallyn wrote:
>>> Quoting Libo Chen (clbchenlibo.chen@xxxxxxxxxx):

>>> I'm not quite clear on what you're trying to do, but it sounds like you
>>> could use a udev rule, triggered on the nic creation, and use lxc-device
>>> from inside that rule to attach the nic to the container.
>>>
>> hi Serge,
>>
>> using udev rule is a good idea, but not common. for instance android uses ueventd and
>> busybox uses mdev, sometimes nothing at all.
>>
>> so how about lxc itself provides this feature?
>
> Just one more question - what would the configuration look like?
> Especially, what would the monitor be looking for?  How would it
> recognzie a link that came up as being the one which the container
> should be attached to?  (We're constantly reminded that the names
> cannot be unambiguously used to identify a physical link)

My idea is this, may not reason.

1. I would like to add a field 'lxc.network.dynamic' which describes a static
or dynamic nic in config file.

if lxc.network.dynamic = false(default false), lxc should go as before,else it means
the following device will appear in a future time.

e.g.
lxc.network.dynamic = true
lxc.network.type = veth   // need veth mode to container
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0    // be attached to
lxc.network.name = ppp0   //monitor nic ppp0

e.g.
lxc.network.dynamic = true
lxc.network.type = phys   //  direct to container
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.name = ppp0   //monitor nic ppp0

2.the monitor should look for uevent, since uevent message includes interface name like:

add@/devices/virtual/net/veth5
ACTION=add
DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/net/veth5
SUBSYSTEM=net