Re: userns idea: preventing SCM_CREDENTIALS from leaking out

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Actually an option to aufs and overlayfs to say "any unix domain socket
>> which is opened must first be copied to the writeable layer" would
>> solve the issue (at least for all reasonable cases, iiuc)
>
> I guess I'm reasonably convinced that overlayfs is the right place to
> fix this.  (Containers using lvm will be left in the cold -- oh,
> well.)
>
> cc: Miklos, who is the most likely to implement one or both of these features.

AFAICS implementing the option to copy up a unix domain socket on open
is trivial:  just need to tweak ovl_open_need_copy_up().

Is that what you were thinking?

> (In cases where containers share a (non-overlay) directory that one of
> them can write, would it make sense to have an option MS_NOSOCKET that
> works on bind mounts?)

Isn't it "you can't send SCM_CREDENTIALS", rather than "you can't open
unix domain socket"?

Thanks,
Miklos