Re: PROBLEM: Processes writing large files in memory-limited LXC container are killed by OOM

Quoting Aaron Staley (aaron@xxxxxxxxxxx):
> Hi Serge,
>
> Thanks a lot. Would you know of any workarounds outside of forcing every
> write to sync to disk (which kills performance)? Perhaps some settings in
> the container I can set?  Unfortunately, modifying dirty_background_ratio
>  and dirty_expire_centiseconds globally (/etc/sysctl.conf) as suggested by
> the serverfault answer will not stop the OOM kills.

Sorry i haven't replied yet have I - no, I'm afraid I don't have any
good ideas offhand.  I think this is something that's going to have
to be fixed in the kernel, and there's really nothing you can do
in the container.  I could be wrong.

Over the next few days I'm going to be taking a fresh look at the
behaviors of the various controllers (at least as documented) for
the sake of thinking about configuration api - perhaps the answer
will become clear to me as I do that.

-serge