Re: setns vs unshare bug

On 08/10/2012 07:00 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I don't believe this is a bug.  The fd is to a specific network
> namespace.  If the target task later changes his namespace, that
> doesn't change the fact that you asked for access to the old
> namespace.
>
> You're worried about a race?

No, it's not a race. The proc ns file doesn't reflect the actual state
of a task it belongs to, but instead has some internal state which is
not observable/controllable from the outside. Look at my proggie -- the
"else" branch does expects that setns will bring it into a new net, but
it only does so if proc dcache is empty!

Thanks,
Pavel