Re: Kernel oops on 2.6.38 on destroying a container

On 09/07/2011 09:21 PM, Alex Bligh wrote:
> We are seeing oops like this from 2.6.38-11 Ubuntu on deleting containers.
>
> This one was somewhat complicated (but we grabbed the oops).
> The trace below happened destroying a container. I believe the iptables
> rules including conntrack rules would have been deleted immediately
> before the container process exited; devices evrrXXXX and evrlXXXX
> are veth pairs that would also just have been destroyed)
>
> My colleague can replicate this on different hardware (his desktop) using
>   lxc-create -n foo
>   lxc-start -n foo
> Send a ^C - entire system crashes. No exciting container activity
> at all.
>
> I haven't seen this on 2.6.32. Any ideas what it might be? We are
> trying to get this to work on a slightly more modern kernel with longterm
> support, so "fixed in Linus's current tree" is not quite what I need!

IMO you should fill a bug at :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/

and/or ask kernel-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They will be able to identify the fix in the mainstream, backport it and
release a new kernel.

An oops is critical enough to have them to pay attention to this problem.

Hope that helps

  -- Daniel