Re: linux-cr: ckpt-v23-rc2 pushed

On 04/17/2011 09:13 AM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
>> and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
>> It applies on top of 2.6.37.
>>
>> It passes all my testing here.
>
> Do you have a checklist you can share?

The tests in user-cr, and the tests from tests-cr (the latter I had
to modify a bit to work in my environment).

>>  I'd be happy with more testing and for more
>> architectures (PPC and ARM are still out until I receive updated patchsets).
>>
>> If you notice that I left out a patch/fix, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> I'll kick off a build hopefully tonight.
>
> Has anyone else had some thoughts on how to start on automated testing?
> Should we take a look at jenkins?  Does anyone have some hardware they
> can dedicate?  I think it would be a reasonable start to do crosscompile
> builds for each support arch, with and without CR, and to fire off
> qemu VMs for each arch just for a standard set of c/r tests (presumably
> the ones under user-cr/tests) - and do that once per day.   If it fails,
> auto-fetch a list of commits since last success.

All sounds good. Let me know how I can help.
I may be able to host a few VMs for testing at Columbia.

Dan: can you give it a test-drive through IBM's test suite ?
(also, any progress with that ?)

Thanks,

Oren.