Re: VRF-like use of Network Namespaces

Looks good, thanks ! Has anyone worked to make 'ip' use these facilities ?

If I understand correctly, from a network resource configuration
perspective:

- Creating a persisting namespace ('VRF') is equivalent to: create a
namespace (using clone()),  which creates a proc entry for that namespace,
and then bind mount the file so that it stays open.
- Modifying network resource configuration for a particular namespace
('VRF') is equivalent to: use setns() with the fd matching the previously
open namespace's proc file and then call network resource setting function
(e.g. netlink API)

Maybe I'm a bit confused, that's my first day in container land ... :)

Thanks,

mathieu.

--
a+