Re: c/r of pdeath

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Hi Oren,
>
> commit 9a45e26c0aabda6a94e2ac620befd8ee12a7363d adds
> reset of pdeath_signal.  It does so unconditionally.  I
> don't think that's safe.  Perhaps if pdeath_signal is
> anything other than 0, it should only be restored if
> the task is capable(CAP_KILL)?

Hmmm... maybe I'm missing something here, but --

pdeath_signal indicates that the process wishes to receive
a signal, not to send one. It may change through prctl()
without requiring any capabilities from the caller. Finally
it is reset at fork/clone.

So at worse it will kill the specific task that holds it ?

--

As a side note - for a brief moment I worried that it may
break restart with zombies, if the to-be-zombie process has

I then realized that it's safe as long as we restore parents
before their children. In turn this depends on the checkpoint
order, which indeed operates this way.

Otherwise we would have needed set this to all processes
after all zombies indeed have terminated - which means another
sync point at restart, or a sweep by coordinator on all tasks.

Oren.