Re: [Question] I have questions about dm-ioband

Hi Ryo Tsuruta
Thank you very much for your kind and fast reply
2008/11/7 Ryo Tsuruta <ryov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:> Hi Dong-Jae,>> From: "Dong-Jae Kang" <baramsori72@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [Question] I have questions about dm-ioband> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:39:56 +0900>>> Hi, Ryo tsuruta>>>> During past several days, I had been analyzing and testing your>> dm-ioband I/O controller.>> because I received some requirements about disk I/O control from other>> persons as below>> "guaranteeing the minimum BW of processes in the specific group", of>> course, in the total BW range.>> I think it can be adjusted to streaming service, SLA of service>> hosting part and so on.>> although the applicable area is some specific and limited part, it can>> be useful according to the service>> How do you think about upper requirement?>> I think I know why they want minimum bandwidth guarantee and it> would be useful on a certain situation.>>> If it is required, I think that try to support the function in your>> dm-ioband controller>> personally, I like your design and implementation style.>> And, for it , where is the appropriate part in dm-ioband controller to>> implement the function?>> Can you give me some advice and comments about supporting it ?>> Sure! dm-ioband is designed to be able to add new bandwidth control> policies. dm-ioband-policy.c is a source code of "weight" and> "weight-iosize" policies, and would help to understand how to add> a new policy.>
OK, I will start to analyze the dm-ioband-policy.c first.during the job, if I have a another question or need your help, can Iask you about it?Thank you.