Re: [patch 2/2][NETNS][RFD] use dst_entries to retrieve the network namespace pointer

Denis V. Lunev wrote:
Daniel Lezcano wrote:
Denis V. Lunev wrote:
Daniel Lezcano wrote:
The objective we have is to remove the fl_net field from the struct
flowi.

In the previous patch, we make the network namespace to go up to the
dst_entry.
This patch makes an example in how we can use the dst_entry/rtable
combined with
a container_of to retrieve the network namespace when we have the
flowi parameter.

One restriction is we should pass always a flowi parameter coming
from a struct
dst_entry.
this is an obfuscation IMHO. You use rtable instead of flowi, so
- rtable obtain flowi meaning and keeps original meaning
- stack usage in increased
Yes, you are right. Using container_of is not a good idea finally.

So, for the case, I think it is better to have an additional parameter
on IP route output path. (There is a device on the input one).
I thought that at the beginning, but I was not inclined to change
exported functions API, so I looked a way to avoid that but I failed
miserably :)
Obviously, the ip route output path extra parameter is the cleanest way
to introduce the network namespace pointer in the routing code. So why
not ?

Daniel,

I am in somewhere near the end of routing back-end namespacing, so could
you wait a bit till I send it to Dave. I think this could be done just
after Pavel's set will be commited (netns_ipv4 is needed :)

Regards,
	Den

No problem.

Benjamin and I will change the ipv6 routing then.

Thanks.
	-- Daniel